IA/Grader support request

Please read the section(s) that apply to you. Submit one form for each class.

Online courses
Online/icourse IA requests: If your course is 117, 117S, 142 or 243, disregard this box. All other online IA requests must include a detailed list of the proposed duties along with the number of hours per week for each duty. This information goes in the additional comments.

Non-ACT courses above 200 level
If you have questions regarding graders, you should address them to the associate director for graduate programs and/or the director of the school. Additionally, there is a different form for these requests.

Lower level DAT and all ACT courses - Use the correct form for these requests
Lower level DAT IA requests: https://clas-forms.asu.edu/math/dat-ia-request-form
All ACT grader requests: https://clas-forms.asu.edu/math/act-grader-request-form

Fall and Spring Semesters

All 117 and 142 classes
IAs will be assigned to your sections. You only need to fill out this form if you are requesting particular IAs.

All 171, 270, 271, and 272 classes:
As these classes have recitations to which TAs are assigned (with the exception of honors sections), we do not offer any further support. If you have an honors section, you may still request an IA or grader.

All 275 classes:
As TAs are assigned for lab support and MATlab grading, you can only request homework graders (no IAs).

All other 100 or 200 level (MAT, STP):
If you are teaching a 100 or 200 level non-AL class, we need to know if you are seeking assistance. If so, choose one of the following:

  1. A grader (someone who never attends class or interacts with students; in fact this person is supposed to be anonymous to students). Note: graders are only allowed to grade T/F or multiple choice questions on exams and must be in the presence of the instructor.
  2. An IA (someone who attends class and interacts with students; this person should spend at least 3 hr/wk interacting with students of which at least 1 is in the classroom; you have the option of using them to help with discussion boards and office hours; they can do some grading outside of the class). Note: IAs are only allowed to grade T/F or multiple choice questions on exams and must be in the presence of the instructor when doing so.

Summer Sessions

All 100 and 200 level courses, including MAT 117/142: if you want an IA or grader, you must submit this form.  Please note, you may NOT choose a grader for MAT 117/142. Unless you request more than 1 for a large class, you will only have one IA per class.

Thank you for your cooperation.

(such as: 2.5, 5, 8)