Deadline: January 16, 2017 by 5:00pm
The Ava and Raymond Tartar Literature Scholarship is an award for junior and senior students who excel in literature courses and who have demonstrated financial need.
- Must be an undergraduate student at the junior or senior level.
- Must have a declared major in: Chinese, French, German, ILC (Classics, Ancient Greek or Latin; Classical Civilization; non-Classics), Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish.
- Must have completed 6 hours of literature courses if student has a junior standing, and 9 hours of literature courses if student has a senior standing.
- No residency requirement.
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) and maintain full-time enrollment to stay eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial need will be considered by the Selection Committee.
Complete online application form below and attach the following materials to the application:
- One copy of the student’s financial aid award summary for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- One copy of student’s unofficial transcript.
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member.
- Typed essay explaining the basis of the student’s interest in literature and why the student feels s/he has done well in literature courses (at least 250 words).